Kombucha is a fizzy and sweet fermented drink made from bacteria, tea, yeast and sugar. After mixing all ingredients, it is kept aside until the fermentation process is complete. While it is set for fermentation, acids and healthy bacteria form in the drink and carbonation makes it fizzy. It is promoted as a health drink because of lactic acid bacteria. Although sugar is a vital ingredient in the entire process, you can look for sugar free kombucha online and gain the benefits of regular kombucha. Following are a few benefits of the drink.
- It reduces inflammation: Inflammatory cells are sent out when your immune system is activated. And what happens when your body sends out the cells when you are not injured and sick? It can lead to chronic inflammation, which involves several health conditions like arthritis, heart disease, diabetes and respiratory illness. The kombucha acts as a supplement for your healthy lifestyle choices. The tea ingredient consists of polyphenols, which are antioxidants for reducing the body’s inflammation. The scientific community believes that gut-friendly foods can reduce intestinal tract inflammation. So, essentially, kombucha is helpful and can balance the good and bad bacteria in the gut.
- It aids in weight loss: Losing weight is the goal of any fitness fanatic. After all, weight gain leads to high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, etc. According to 2021 statistics, approximately 10.3 million people in the United Kingdom are gym members. Besides going to the gym, drinking kombucha leads to weight loss and boosts metabolism. Although it doesn’t help you lose weight overnight, you can include this drink in your diet. Some drinks contain fat burners like green tea that comprise epigallocatechin-3-gallate, which promotes weight loss and improves metabolism.
- Vitamins and nutrients: Kombucha contains vitamins and nutrients like zinc, manganese, nickel, and vitamins B1, B2, B6 and C. The process of fermentation allows microorganisms to facilitate absorbing vitamins by the body. In addition, they produce organic compounds such as glucuronic acid. This acid is being studied to understand the positive liver effects.
- It helps relieve constipation: According to a website, 1 out of every seven adults has constipation simultaneously. Hence, it is vital to improving digestion. Although it rarely leads to chronic health problems, you might develop bowel incontinence, faecal impaction and haemorrhoids. Sometimes, constipation can last longer, and you might have to consume medicines and drinks for healing. So, you can look for drinks like sugar-free kombucha that support gut health and improves digestion, relieving you from any gastrointestinal diseases. As per a 2014 study, lactobacillus was found in kombucha drinks. It is a common probiotic that reduces inflammation and prevents digestive system infections. You can be sure that it helps improve symptoms such as inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, bloating, and constipation.
- It helps treat depression: Depression leads to loss of interest and sadness in individuals. Additionally, it causes low energy, insomnia and poor concentration. But thanks to kombucha, it will help improve your mood and crank up dopamine or feel-good hormones like serotonin. According to a 2017 study, psychiatric problems occur because of unhealthy bacteria in the gut. In addition, there has been evidence that depression can be relieved by probiotics. As per a researcher, gut health is essential to promote good mood and excellent health.
- It promotes liver health: Since kombucha detoxifies the body, it improves the health of your liver. Your liver might not have to work hard enough after drinking the beverage.
Sugar-free kombucha drinks are available in various flavours and in different online stores. You can purchase your favourite flavour and enjoy its many health benefits.